Port operators, 3 firms to create growth centers State-owned port operator Pelindo III on Monday signed a memorandum of collaboration (MoC) with three companies to boost economic growth, including in remote areas of East Nusa Tenggara and South Kalimantan.
The three companies are PT Muria Sumba Manis, PT Sriboga Flour Mill and PT Indonesia Bulk Terminal.
In collaboration with PT Muria Sumba Manis, a Sumba-based sugar company, Pelindo III would provide the company with a port facility, a harbor service, a sugarcane plantation and help with the construction of a sugar factory in Waingapu, East Nusa Tenggara, said Pelindo III CEO Ari Askhara.
“We’re not only doing business here, we are also helping to boost economic growth in the southern part of Indonesia,” Ari told the reporters during the MoC signing event at Pelindo III’s office.
Pelindo would give the right-to-manage (RTM) over two plots of land — of four hectares each — to flour producer PT Sriboga Flour Mill to build a food grain terminal at the Tanjung Mas port in Semarang, Ari added.
The collaboration is under a build-operate transfer (BOT), in which Pelindo contributes 30 percent of the investment, while Sriboga covers the other 70 percent.
With PT Indonesia Bulk Terminal, Ari said, Pelindo III would establish a joint company to construct a harbor at the Mekar Putih Special Economic Zone in South Kalimantan. Port Operators, 3 Firms to Create Growth Centers (dpk/bbn, The Jakarta Post)