Singapore, Japan, China, the United States and South Korea are still the top five countries of origin for our investors so far.
The Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) announced on Monday that investments had reached Rp 513.2 trillion (US$37.79 billion) by the end of the third quarter, or 75.6 percent of its target for 2017.
The board is confident that it would achieve its annual target of Rp678.8 trillion, said BKPM head Thomas Lembong in Jakarta on Monday
“The economic transformation proclaimed by President Joko ‘Jokowi’ Widodo three years ago has come into shape,” Thomas told reporters at a press conference.
Meanwhile, foreign investments reached Rp318.5 trillion, or 62.1 percent of the overall achievement, with domestic investments contributing Rp194.7 trillion — or 37.9 percent — of total investments, he added.
Meanwhile, 55.1 percent of the investments still went to Java, and the remaining 44.9 percent was distributed to the rest of the country.
BKPM monitoring and realization deputy director Azhar Lubis said that energy and metal processing remained the most attractive sectors for investors.
“Singapore, Japan, China, the United States and South Korea are still the top five countries of origin for our investors so far,” Azhar said. (bbn, Rachmadea Aisyah, The Jakarta Post)
FOLLOW BERITA LAINNYA
Simak artikel-artikel menarik lainnya secara gratis dengan menjadi Member (GRATIS) dan NewsLetter.
* Data Anda berguna untuk administrasi redaksi