Coal miner Bukit Asam’s profit grows 50 percent in first half. Coal miner Bukit Asam announced 50 percent profit growth to Rp 2.58 trillion (US$177.33 million) in the first half of 2018, on the back of a coal-price increase and improved efficiency.
The company booked Rp10.53 trillion revenue in the first half, 17 percent higher than the figure in the same period last year, while its sales increased 8 percent to 12.22 million ton.
“The price increased by 9 percent to 838,288 per ton on average,” said Bukit Asam corporate secretary Suherman in Jakarta on Monday as reported by kontan.co.id.
He said the company managed to press cost of revenue by 9 percent to Rp6.1 trillion, while production volume increased by 19 percent, compared to the figure in the corresponding period of 2017, which was recorded at 11.36 million ton.
Suherman acknowledged that the domestic market obligation (DMO), which was decided at US$70 per ton, had affected the company’s revenue. Under the DMO scheme, the coal miner is required to sell 25 percent of its products to the local market, particularly to fuel power plants.
Bukit Asam aims this year to sell 25.88 million tons of coal, 53 percent of which to the domestic market, while the other 47 percent of the commodity will be exported.
However, not all coal produced by Bukit Asam for the domestic market is sold based on the DMO price because after fulfilling the DMO quota, the company sells the remaining coal to other miners unable to fulfill their DMO quota of 25 percent of production. The coal is sold according to market price. Coal miner Bukit Asam’s profit grows 50 percent in first half (bbn, The Jakarta Post)
FOLLOW BERITA LAINNYA
Simak artikel-artikel menarik lainnya secara gratis dengan menjadi Member (GRATIS) dan NewsLetter.
* Data Anda berguna untuk administrasi redaksi